Friday 4 November 2011

Hands and Head




Hands and head was mainly a character painting assignment. We were supposed to design a character with a dynamic pose. I first thought of doing bow and arrow, and it turned out to be a real challenge, especially getting everything into an effective angle.

As how the process goes, I first begin with gesturing a sketch, which also included human anatomy.
Then I roughly did a grey scale tonal over the sketch , just to get an idea of how the light source would work.
Thereafter, I went straight to colour painting, and rendering.

The assignment was rather fun to do, but I would’ve appreciated my work more, if I had putted a bit more time and effort in the rendering the colours and adding darker tones, so it would’ve had more significant dimension to the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment